Sunday, October 02, 2005

Culinary Uses for Marrows and courgettes #5

Courgette and Slow Roasted Garlic soup

Well, just to show how far behind I am with certain aspects of this blog I had actually made this soup before Irene's comment suggesting courgette soup on my previous related post.

This recipe came from Septembers edition of the excellent Kitchen Garden Magazine.

Roast you garlic cloves in the oven on a lowish heat for some 20 minutes. Meanwhile proceed to sweat your thinly sliced courgettes down to a mush. Add the garlic to the courgettes, plus some stock. Simmer for a while season and blend to desired consistency.

I can imagine that the options for courgette based soup are endless. I will try Irene's suggestions in the near future and report back. In the mean time, I need to catch up as I am at least 3 Courgette/Marrow recipes behind.

No comments: