Tuesday, September 23, 2008

6 weeks in

Well, a slight drop in salary indicates that I have now completed my mandatory 6 weeks of "Daddy Leave". I did 2 weeks in early July, and we've been working 50% each since the beginning of August.

That means that I have been at home, alone with First Born Son for a total of 30 Days already. Despite this, every day feels like the first! Not because it's a fight, or because of dread or fear(although it is a challenge), just because time flies and every day is different.

So, 6 weeks in, but a way to go, we continue on 50% each until the end of February 2009. I really do feel privileged to have this opportunity that not many men have and I really am enjoying getting to know my son as he grows and develops (at a rate of knots!).

A random baby photo for those of you who expect and demand them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update its good to keep up with FBS progress. Any chance of an item for scale in the pictures? - Its hard to gauge growth. As the weeks without entries have passed by I was beginning to wonder if the blog would survive the arrival of FBS. Hope a few projects are being planed even if you are not actually able to progress with them right now.

Anonymous said...

How amazing to see both of the parents in FBS's face. Its incredible!

I've started childminding now the two little girl's that kid sister looked after. I feel like a new mum again! It means that i have to be organised and think ahead.

By the way. How do I get onto the blog to add something. I've forgotten again.

Unknown said...

I'll need to come to see him some time.