Thursday, January 22, 2015

House Improvements #29. Main Construction Week 1

With the delays in the foundations, it was decided to start construction immediately in the new year instead of a week or 2 before the holiday. With the start of construction imminent I put in the order for the first load of materials. Primarily the 1 1/2" x 6" that would be used for the frame and some 2"x4" and 2"x6". 2 days later this was outside.

 
As agreed, construction on the frame of the extension started last week on Monday the 12th of January. We had a meeting with the builders on Monday morning early and as we set off to work, they set of to fetch all there equipment.

Arriving home on Monday and Tuesday was a slight disappointment with apparently very little visible progress (although they had fetched a lot of equipment on Monday and put down the bottom support on Tuesday and measured all the relative heights, so they had been working hard).

Coming home on Wednesday was a different story. Suddenly most of the wall frames for the ground floor were in place. I travelled to Germany on Thursday morning and when I came home on Saturday this is the site I saw.
 
 
Here's a view of the new "library" with it's large windows and high ceiling.
 


and here's the new entrance/porch.

Only issue this week was the telephone cable which did not survive a meeting with the chainsaw the used for removing the old cladding. This did not take long for me to fix and we had phone/internet again on Saturday evening.

With the frames of the first floor complete, week 2 was due to start with flooring for the 1st floor.

5 comments:

TSS said...

Thanks for the update, always help to know where the door is...

Mum of Sum said...

Looking forward to seeing the next update. It must surely be very different now! (Feb 6th) And all very exciting

TSS said...

Any more updates available?
It would be good to see how the extension is coming along.

Unknown said...

HOW I GOT MY BUSINESS BACK ON TRACK
“It has been great to know that there is someone out there that knows about falling down and getting back up. We always stay humble and never give up, and for GANNETT INTERNATIONAL FINANCE LLP to see that in us, we are truly grateful for the help and push we have received. "Gannett International Finance LLP" has been incredibly helpful to our company by providing a line of credit for our continued growth." -Shinta Angga
Do you have a firm or company that need loan to start up a business or need a personal loan, Debt consolidation?
Reach out to them today via
WhatsApp:+447449373835 or +12056671862
website: www.gannettfinancellp.com
email: loans@gannettfinancellp.com
for more details and procedures.

Mohammad Ismali said...

Real testimony and Good news !!!

My name is mohammad, I just received my loan and it has been transferred to my bank account, a few days ago I applied to Dangote Loan Company through Lady Jane (Ladyjanealice@gmail.com), I asked Lady jane about the Dangote Loan Company's requirements and Jane told me that if I had all the terms my loan would be transferred to me without delay

And believe me now as my Rp11bn loan with 2% interest rate for my Coal Mining business has just been approved and transferred to my account this is a dream to come, I promise Lady jane that I will tell the world if this is true? and I'm going to tell the world right now because it's true

You don't have to pay registration fees, license fees, comply with the Dangote Loan Company and you will get your loan

for more details contact me via email: mahammadismali234@gmail.com and contact the Dangote Loan Company for your loan now via email Dangotegrouploandepartment@gmail.com