Monday, December 18, 2006

Kris kindle wish list

In age order, our Kris Kindle hints plucked out from the umpteen comments in the Kris kindle post below.

If anyone is still struggling I would suggest that one posts as anonymous requesting the information that is required.

Our Father

Thus saith 'Our Father'

Yea verily, it hath been said to me, that Thou shalt not walk barefoot upon the sacred floors of the House of Beeston, floors which hath been hewn from the finest oak from the Brook of Haughton.

'And he said, when Thou entereth the House of Beeston, thou shalt take thine slippers and place them upon thy feet.
And the slippers shall be made of finest sheepskin, or of leather from the land of Imi Tation, and thy slippers shall be made to cover thy toes, but not thy heels, for thy heels shall be left bare and free so that thou mayest be able to shed thy slippers without impediment when thou leavest the House of Beeston and putteth upon the foot boots from the town of Wellie.

And the slippers shalt be like unto those that a certain P J did buy in the land of the Angle at a town at the Mouth of the Cocker. and shalt be size 9 cubits

And thy sons, or thy son's sons or ths son's daughters or thy daughters or thy daughter's sons or thy daughter's daughters and thy daughter's in law or thy sons in law, as whoever may see wont, but not thy spouse, shalt come bearing gifts of slippers to 'Our Father' at the sacred feast of Christmas. And he shall place them upon his feet and bless thee.


and

If one of my beloved nippers
Didn't get my hint about slippers,
Or in Cockermouth they are only obtainable,
So my first wish is quite unsustainable,
Then perhaps a worthy alternative
The most practical present that you can give
Is a parcel with tough working gloves in it
Designed for a man with large hands to fit.
Then I'll work as I sing a bright roundelay,
And think of those that I love who are far away.

Mother of VL

Mum of Viking Longship says:

My undies are getting quite worn
and some of them are pretty torn
A petti in white
would be a sweet sight
and then I won't look so folorn

(Size 12)

or a note wallet with space for credit cards.



and

If we are spending our evenings sorting family photos, a few inexpensive, but very efficient photo albums wouldn't go amiss.

Blogs Brother in Law

Been banned from asking for DVD's again !!!! Only thought right now is for classy/fun ties for work. Have collection of Wallace & Gromit, Peanuts etc, so something along that line would do(but make sure its tasteful!)

and

A reputation for waffle you are all getting
Much free time do people have I’ll be betting!
To add to my list is what I should do
A case for my Palm Z22 would be neat, thank you
While not to be worn with my fancy ties
Recent bad weather suggests leggings would be wise

(Light/Strong and 100% waterproof)


Big (Little) Sis

I've finally come up with a couple of suggestions,
to answer some of your questions.
I could really do with a new basket for my logs,
the old ones are only fit for the dogs!
We could give them to Murphy for his tea,
it would save on lots of meat and Chappie!
Also, my old sieve has a case of the humps,
which leaves my cakes with lumps and bumps!
Apart from that I'm easy to please,
but no spiders...I'll squash the first one I sees!


The Other Cold One

To take part in a family Kris Krindle,
Makes the hair on my neck rightly tingle,
It should be close shorn,
but the clippers are worn,
and blunt as an old fashioned thimble!!!!!


Mrs Other Cold One

We are upgrading from sleeping on the floor to a bed...
would really like a reasonably good quality fitted cotton sheet or a valance sheet for a 160 x 200 cm Bed (it may be equal to King size in Ireland, but I am not sure). Colour preference cream. Flanelette will not be appreciated (by my husband)...


Viking Longship

RTFM, yes that's the key
That's whats you need if you'll fix me
Oh how I frown
A David Brown
Select-o-matic Eight Eighty


and

The temperature is important
I need to know it this instant
Technology
It pleases me
Inside, outside,in the basement.

You can find some here

http://www.fashion.ie/Kitchen-13458411-sr-1-Hardware.html

and more details here

http://www.ukweathershop.co.uk

an exmaple of one with the right features is the WS9228 here

http://www.ukweathershop.co.uk/acatalog/la_crosse_technology_fc_sub.html

Important features are that it can have 3 wireless temperature/humidity sensors with a decent transmitter range.

If this option is picked, it would be good if the person also bought an extra wireless temp/humidity sensor wpuld be good, I would of course be happy to refund any over budget cost, if this is acceptable


and in more detail

A LaCrosse WS9128 from Weather Station Products http://www.weather-station-products.co.uk/item--LaCrosse-weather-station-WS9128--WS9128.html

They are in stock, you can order over the phone with credit card and they will deliver to Ireland for a small fee.

Telephone 0044 800 8620232

It will be about €10 over budget, this will be refunded.

If my knid Kris Kindle goes for this option could they also please order an extra (2nd as the WS9128 comes with one) TX4 remote temperature and humidity probe, if they are in stock.


Mrs Viking Longship

I'm finding it hard to be specific
and since the budgets blown the Pacific
This I write
To be polite
But that what's below will be terrific
(and certainly not cryptic)

Paper guilotine
Thin Woolen socks
Nice soap
Iron
Filofax refill (week on two page diary, multilanguage. Personal filofax ref. 684276)
Wallet (medium size)
Outside shoebrush
Bottle brushes


London Son

One of the early Jamie Cookbooks

A cobalt blue, Chaco golden knee(or possibly mexican red knee) tarantula, they can be ordered online and posted, not one to be opened on the day.

Or maybe something silly or remote controlled. I really dont know.


and

here

and

I have seen a monstrous beauty in a shop in Cork, someone has offered to purchase her as a pressie but I believe that to be an unfair expenditure so maybe my chosen purchaser would be interested in spreading the cost,

I have reserved it for a few days, and it is likely that I will buy it anyway. If one is interested maybe leave an anonomous message on my blog under the stella blog and details can be passed on.

It also means that people could actually witness one of these fine creatures


Kid Sister

Ok so i don't do limericks but...
i would like a cd/dvd that incorporates the songs:
think of me
masquerade
wishing you were somehow here again...


and

I wish to own a little car,
A car to drive me near and far,
A car for college, a car for life,
A car to drive me through any strife,
A car to rev, a car to slow,
A car that'll withstand the worst pot hole,
i understand the size of this wish,
But its better than wanting a fish!!!(or should that be a tarantula)


and

Should a car be unatainable,
and Mr. Webber indigestable,
I've other ideas to help tidy up my mess,
C.D's i have a plenty,
But storage is lost in the widerness,
A C.D tower,
Pretty as a Flower,
Would be ideal,
to make my room sureal

And far more importantly...

As the youngest,
my future may be in your head,]
But fear not i am being well fed,
I wish to teach, I wish to Care
And creative arts are all in the air,
A book on Music, Art and Drana,
Would make my life panorama,
Click below and you will see
The cause of all this poetry.

www.amazon.com
type in Creative arts in the Early Years

wat i wish for christmas is...
Creative Activities for Young Children by Mary Mayesky 8th edition.
its available on Amazon.com

No comments: