Thursday, January 04, 2007

The new EU baggage regulations

Due to the above mentioned, I was forced to pack the 4 cans of Murphy's and 4 Cans of Beamish (destined for our new years Steak and Beamish Pie) that I had purchased whilst in Ireland in my check in baggage for my journey home on the 30th.

The first problem this caused was that I was 3 kilos over Ryanair's rediculously low 15Kg allowence, costing me €24.

To cap it all, as I was loading my bags into the car at the other end, I was distressed to notice the smell of beer and a damp patch on my suitcase. 2 of the cans of Beamish had exploded and emptied their contents all over my clothes (which, fortunately, were already dirty!). Forensic analysis suggests that this what not caused by any impact to my luggage but was due to the pressure difference between the unpressurised aircraft hold and the inside of the pressurised beer can.

You have been warned.....

2 comments:

Viking Longship said...

Don't know, but it did appear to be due to over presurisation...

The pie was excellent, although the puff pastry sank and didn't really puff.........

the other cold one said...

I think that, having seen the quality of servisairs finest baggage handlers, meaning that most bags get thrown around, jumped on, and generally abused, I would say that this may have something to do with it...