Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Office. Part 5 - Ikea, eat your heart out.

The evening that I built the carcass for the drawers left me feeling quite satisfied. I didn't really have a plan about how this was going to fix together, all I had was the 2 sides and the base cut to size. Flat pack, you could call it.

After studying the problem and the drawer sides/runners that I had bought on a recent visit to Kaunas in Lithania, I came up with a plan. Some time with the router and a tenon saw later and, as you can see, hey presto, flat pack, glue and some assembly required, but no bits missing....









What's more all the bits for this came out of a single 2m x 0.6m sheet, and nothing else. I think this was the point at which I really started to believe that the office could not just be a reality but something really quite special.

No comments: