Wednesday, November 01, 2006

In the basement.

Cat's always want to be on the other side of a closed door. Now fortunately cats can't normally open said door.

Anitra, on the other hand, has now not only been guilty of letting the Male cat loose in the house (now his room must be locked if she's in with him), but she has also become so adept at opening the door to the basement that if it's left unprotected for more than a moment she along with all the others are on their way underground.

What ensues then is 5 minutes chasing shadows in the basement, followed by 5 minutes trying find out if you've got them all back in the house, followed by another trip to the basement to fetch any you missed on the first pass.

On this occasion, I found the kittens Esk Pike and Crinkle Crags at the top of the stairs still pondering the decent, fetched Asia and Anitra up on the first pass and Amazing on the Second. That means that it was only Catstycam who didn't avail of the open door opportunity.

On a cat related note, all three kittens are due to relocate to their new homes in the next 2 weeks, things will become a little more normal again then. Read all about them all on www.starsprung.com

3 comments:

Nick said...

Weirder still . . . the Beghan household has recently acquired a kitten (grey moggie, possibly a bit of Russian blue in his ancestry). He's called Edward Elgar & in the unlikely event of our ever permitting him the joys of reproduction, we will of course be naming the kittens 'Pomp' and 'Circumstance' . . .
I think that Esk Pike & Crinkle Crags are splendid names for kittens, and have very pleasant memories of both those peaks in your company a few years ago . . .

Viking Longship said...

Firstly, I too complement you on your choice of name.

Secondly, don't be so daft, give him the chop on the bell of six months. I can say with authority that you do not want an un nuetered adult male (cat) in the house.... Nice thought though!!!

Thirdly and wierdest of all, just yesterday evening after Crinkle crags had been collected Mrs LS asked me if I had ever been up the mountains in question. I had to remind myself by fecthing my yellow stained (ref point 2) Wainrights map. I then noticed that I was in fact on the tops of Esk pike and Crinkle Crags on the same day in the summer of 2003. I racked my brain to think of the occasion and finally remembered a very pleasent, but long day with yourself, which also included Bow fell. I also remembered the lady who pointed at Peggy during our final descent and stated, much to her embarasment, that it was much easier with FOUR legs. Was that also the day that I was rear-ended by the crippled gay man from Blackpool, or was that another occasion. I am still suffering the after effects of that to this day!!!!

I have never been on the top of Catstycam, on the other hand. Maybe next time we are in the lakes we should take a little stroll up it....

Nick said...

VL - the day did indeed include Bow Fell (scrambling up beside the Great Slab from the Langdale side) & ended with that collision with the disabled gay motorist . . sorry to hear that you're still suffering.
An expedition to Catstycam next time you're over would be a very good idea . . .