Friday, April 04, 2008

Mechanised Farming Phase 3, Aquisition.

Right, keeping to a strict chronological order I've got as far as Easter monday.

I work on the principle that regardless how much immediate pressure to get specific jpbs done one can never let long term goals slip too far from ones mind. One of these long term goals is to cultivate an area of land using one, or both, of my tractors. To do this we need a plough and a harrow in addition to the equipment we already have. So, when I found out about a harrow going free to a good home, I had no option but to jump in my tractor and go and fetch it!

I had to organise a wiper that worked for the windscreen and fill 10L of oil in the gearbox before I left and never mind that it took me 1 hour and 50 minutes to complete the nearly 40Km round trip, it's home. A quick fill of air in the tires and it'll be good as new!

Some pictures from my journey, as you can see I was even outside the kommune (council is the English equivalent, I think).

Loverly weather for an outing, just as well that the neighbours had bought the wrong wiper for their Honda CRV and that I was able to botch the rubber bit onto the Zetors wiper arm.

Was it really only 2.5 Km from the last junction, seemed like 25Km!

And another "In Tractor" shot for good measure.

1 comment:

the other cold one said...

Help! he's going shopping in the tractor! Whatever next?? That's a lot of snow also...