Sunday, October 15, 2006

Red Light, Green Light

Not long back from a recent couple of eventful days in Lithuania.

Amongst the many strange things (including 80 year old Russian professors from St. Petersburgh appearing from thin air) I have to tell you about the lighting arrangement in the hotel room.

Now, before I continue, this was a new and reasonably respectable hotel, the rooms were clean and comfortable and the food and the service was good.

In my (and all other it appears) hotel room, above the middle of the bed there were three light switches, nothing so remarkable in itself. However, the light switch to the left had a red stripe on it and the light switch on the right had a green stripe on it. I naturally had to investigate, starting with the unmarked switch, a pleasent flouresent up light on the wall above the bed, then the red switch, the same only this time almost neon red, and predictable enough the green switch provided the same effect only with a green light this time.

I can only begin to wonder, the mind boggles.

2 comments:

the other cold one said...

Are you sure it was a hotel????

BTW the previous posts comment refers to the film 'Close encounters of the third kind' (If you thought I'd lost the plot completely....) - it also ties in with the headlights and strange lights in the sky quite nicely.

Viking Longship said...

I hadn't managed to sit down at the piano to check it but I figured it was something like that....