Sunday, September 09, 2007

If only I had another couple of inches....

What a difference a couple of inches on you shaft makes (OK, I'l stop it now, but it's sooo tempting)....


But anyway, if it was a couple of inches longer then, maybe just maybe, I'd have harvested the rest of the potato crop by now. We've been eating our own spuds since we got back from the Sert. The meals per plant rate is a little dissapointing, but given the neglect and the amount of weeds it's not surprising.

This particularly old and evil looking piece of equipment is an old fanshioned potato harvester, and it's been lying around in the barn ever since we moved in.


Not surprisingly it would appear it's only ever been used on the David Brown, which regular readers will know has been seized solid ever since we got it (with the property) and is in bits.

I've filed it with oil, greased it, got it moving freely and as you can see, managed to hitch it up to the Zetor but the drive shaft is too short.

I hope to be able to find a not too permenant solution for this, as I hope to get the David brown working before next summer, and it fits best on that.

I really would like to try this now, if it works, it will impact future plans for the layout of the veg garden....

No comments: