Sunday, September 02, 2007

New Week, New Life for Many

The 1st of september bought a big change not only for both Myself and Mrs VL but also for Our Parents who art in Cork and Mother in Law.

Tommorrow morning the day will start for us at the ungodly hour of 05:15 as Mrs VL readys herself for what will from now on be a daily bus commute to Oslo. Not being clever enough already, she is starting a 4 year PhD at the Veterinær Høyskole (Vet University) . It's a joint Scandanavian project researching the validity of farm animal health recording systems in the Nordic Countries. This fits perfectly with the Epidemiology Masters that she's already well underway with.

I had my last day at Scanship on Friday. It's been a tough and rewarding couple of years and whilst I will miss my work mates, the atmosphere and the exciment of daily life there I am ready for a change. Tommorrow morning I have to remember to turn right onto the E-18 and head towards Sandefjord and not Tønsberg. In the morning I begin at Flowtite Technology, the technology part of Amiantit group, a Saudi owned concern. I will be working with production facilities for large diameter Fibre Glass water and sewage pipe. These are in all sorts of weird and wonderful parts of the world and whilst it's not a specifically travelling job I'll still need to get out and about to see what's going on, seems like my first trip will be in October to India.

Our parents who art in Cork left the Cathedral and the organists house, our family home of 17+ years on Friday. After Our Fathers retirement from the position of Choir master and Organist of St.Finbarres hopefully they will both be able to enjoy a new and more relaxed life in the west wing attach to Beeston farm, the residence of Big Little Sis, Blogs Brother in Law and family.

MIL, a couple of weeks after her 70th Birthday, has finally had to accept that everyone has to retire at some point. So they did not leave the chalet at the end of this weekend as she won't be going to work on Monday either. Now they are both people of leisure and can do exactly as they please.

So, here's wishing everyone the best of luck, I hope it all works out well. I'm fairly sure I'l be alright, as long as we manage to get to bed early enough!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have just got access to the internet after nearly two weeks. So am just catching up on your blog. Thank you for the best wishes.

Our Father and I are just settling into the new home. At least every item is now moved in and we now know how much more needs a home.
Felt too exhausted at the weekend to do much after cleaning Dean Street so we still have home-less things around.

Sundays feel very queer, but we'll get used to them.

Good luck with the two new jobs.