Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What goes up must come down.

Those of you who have been following the progress of the David Brown project on More Power will know that I had got it tantalisingly close to a functioning tractor, only to struggle to get the hydraulic system commissioned after the oil change.

Fridays job with London Son was to bolt all the bits back on that I had taken off so that I could free up the control valve(s).

The extra pair of hands made relatively light work of the heavy components and by lunch time we had enough bits bolted back on so that we could test it. It appeared to work to a fashion in that everything hydraulic went up but nothign came down again.

After a rather subdued lunch, coming to terms with the fact taht we may have to take it all apart again, we gave it another go, and found out all that we were missing was a little extra weight. With this applied, all the other bits bolted back on and adjustments made, here are the result.

Up


Down


I think it's fair to say that both the boys in the picture were more than happy. There's still work to do, electrics to sort out, clutch to change and body work to tidy but those are formalities compared to the acheivement to get it this far. As ever I havn't done it all on my own, many thanks to all those who have helped. I won't name you all, I think there's a mention of everyone in the various blog posts and photo's on here and More-power.

2 comments:

the other cold one said...

But london son surely doesn't weigh that much? What a silly hat. Good to know that you've sorted that out, and isn't that a nice looking exhaust pipe, complete with flappy bit (which I hope goes up and down)

Viking Longship said...

The flappy bit goes clackedy clap clack when you turn the engine off!

As for the hat, nothing wrong with that. It's actually one of mine. Saying that one of my former girlfriends did refuse to climb a mountain with me if I wore it.