Thursday, July 28, 2005

Warm and Cuddly (and slightly wet).

Yesterday evening on my way back from a trial of my two wheel, emmission free alternative to the bus,which I havn't used in ages, I stopped off to talk to the real pig farmer (a.k.a. The real farmers wife).

AS often, the conversation continued after the real farmer turned up, tales of our first week with pigs,their recent holiday, the lord Mayors dayghters new dog (at least abscence of) and so on....
During this time Mrs Viking Longship had begun the pre bedtime routine of seeing to it thatthe various animals are in the correct locations and suitable watered and fed. One of these tasksbeing to fetch our Bengal Stud cat "Vegas" in from the "Raspberry Cat Chalet" to the downstairs wash room, which currently doubles as a stud quarters. On an aside, I hope to have the cats web site www.starsprung.com up and running again soon, those of you who are interested watch this space.

Now "Vegas" is one who likes his routine. For some reason he has decided that he will not pass water whilst in the confines of the Cat Chalet. We have even installed a larger litter tray for him, but he still will not use it. So, normally, you fetch Vegas in, having a little "I've been out on my own and want some fuss" cuddle on the way, and as soon as he is inside he empties his very full bladder in the stud quarters litter tray. That cat can pee for what seems like 5 minutes. After this He is often allowed to have a run around in the kitchen and living room as the empty bladder significantly reduces the risk of spraying (although he doesn't seem too fussed by that in this new house, perhaps as cats have not lived here before).
On this occassion, as he was typically cuddly, Mrs VL decided that she would cary him down the 100 or so metres to where she was undoubtly certain she would find me. On seeing my big cuddly boy, I of course wanted to take him and share in the warmth of his cuddle too. After a little more discussion I became aware that Vegas seemed even warmer against me chest and almost sligtly damp. So there was I left holding a water cannon of a cat as he emtied his very full bladder with t-shirt soaked in nto so pleasent smelling male cats pee, much to the onlookers amusment.

The kind words from The Real Farmer being "It's just as well he didn't do that 5 mins ago when he was lying on your head, it would have gone right in your ear and I would have wet myself too laughing....."

No comments: