Monday, February 26, 2007

This time it wasn't my fault!

Arriving home after her evening as a bride, Mrs VL rather mysteriously came in the front door. My pondering about why on earth she would walk out of the car port and through the snow, both on the ground and in the air when there was a perfectly good back door was answered when she announced "The cars stuck in the hedge.."

I came out to find this scene





Fortunately someone had left a 1963 Landrover in the garage only 5 metres away. Once again, the old girl came to the rescue, although with sheet ice under all 4 wheels a little carefully placed grit was required.

Mr's VL's excuse was that she was taking after me, attempting to drift it round the corner like I do. So maybe it was my fault after all....

3 comments:

the other cold one said...

Rear wheel drive: Tick
Heavy Right foot: tick
Powerful engine: Tick(ish)
Right conditions: Tick
OOPS!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope there were no more broken lights or squashed bumpers and thank heavens you had the foresight to preserve the land rover. What fun. Life in damp old Ireland is far less exciting.

Viking Longship said...

TOCO,

Old Car that doesn't matter if there's a few extra scratches on the paintwork or a few extra dents: Tick

MOA,

I just can't understand how you can ever manage without one...