Sunday, March 09, 2008

Bathroom Mods Part 2 - Retreival.

Apologies to those of you who have been hanging on the edge of your seats waiting for a bathroom update (and I'm sure there are many.....). Loading up pictures to blogger decided to be tempermental on Sunday and Monday evening. Finally, here is the next installment, hopefully shortly followed by the next (and the one after that).

Thursday evening last week I went to start the dismantling process. I had chosen to do this myself as the ladies husband was out on an oil platform and wasn't going to be home to do the job himself before the middle of this week. I didn't mind the extra work, working on the principle that it would be much easier to put together again if I had dismanlted it myself. As an added bonus I got the hoses to connect it to the water supply thrown in for my trouble.

I had taken the Volvo for the occasion and with the back seats down managed to transport the bath unit and all bits and pieces excluding the shower part and the bath surround.

One of the neighbour's sons kindly helped me to get the bath part up the stairs, here it is in the bathroom (Standing on end for cleaning purposes).



Most of the other bits and bobs.



I picked up the shower unit and bath panel on Friday evening and also purchased the few fittings I needed to complete the installation.



By the end of Friday evening, after a quick floor scrub, the two main parts were sealed and bolted together. All ready for connection to water, preliminary testing and installation on saturday.

No comments: