Monday, March 10, 2008

Saw Modifications Part 4 - Just needs a lick of paint now.

Here, as promised are the photo's of the finished saw modifications. It will get a clean, rust treatment and a lick of paint at some point in the coming months. Now that it's inside and in the dry, that can wait until a suitable time when it's a bit warmer out.



The stiffening piece, probably totally unneccesary, was welded on at the end of the last session, before attaching to the tractor for the first but after it was too dark to take photo's.



All in all, I'm very pleased with the result and it's turned out pretty much exactly as I had hoped. I am not yet sure if the DB will be able to lift it high enough, I havn't tried. Yes, it does stick out a long way to one side. I had to make allowance for the off-centre weight distribution. I will just have to be careful when I move it around, not exactly as though I'm going to take it far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously, I can't afford not to keep looking at the blog. What a lot has been achieved since I last looked. Congratulations!

For some reason, our dial up is behaving better and we can even see all the pictures. The're very helpful as I can't always imagine what you are up to. Good luck with the bathroom. Hope you have got rid of all the leaks and can enjoy your new bath and shower. We look forward to trying it out in July.

Hope all is well with Mrs VL and that she's not too exhausted. All our love

Viking Longship said...

Hi MoA,

Good to hear you're dial up is working better, we've really got to find a way of getting you guys and BLS (or was it LBS) into the world of broadband.

There's no stopping us, little over 3-weeks to D-Day and whilst I hope to continue project progress after that, who knows. So it's great to get plenty sorted now!

Mrs VL is doing OK, understandable tired after her long days in Oslo. Starts her maternity leave at the end of this week. She won't miss the 5:30 starts and the 12 hour days including over 3 hours on the bus!